PYSL recreational soccer is operated, managed and coached by volunteers from the community. The goal is to provide an engaging, fun and safe environment for players to develop their skills, understanding and love of the game.
2023 Spring Rec Soccer Schedule
When is the spring season?
– The season runs during the months of March, April and May. Games are played on Sunday afternoons and teams typically practice one weekday each week.
What divisions/age groups are available?
– Under 6: (born in 2018 & 2017) play 3v3 with no keeper – size 3 ball – *Players must be 4 by august 1st
– Under 7: (born in 2016) play 4v4 with no keeper – size 3 ball
– Under 8: (born 2015) play 6v6 – size 4 ball
– Under 10: (born in 2013-2014) play 7 v 7 – size 4 ball
– Under 12: (born in 2010-2012) play 9 v 9 – size 4 ball
Can my child play on a team with their friends?
We try to honor team/friend requests if possible but can’t guarantee any particular team placements.
What equipment do players need to participate?
Players need to have a ball, shin guards, cleats and a water bottle at all practices and games.
What do I need to do to volunteer to coach or manage my child’s team?
Our league depends on volunteers and we are especially grateful for all of the time, energy and commitment our volunteers give! Coaching requirements are set by our parent organization, SoCal. Coaches must complete our risk management protocol which includes a background check, SafeSport training and concussion training. Please contact our Rec Director of Coaching (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer or for any questions.
How can I sponsor my child’s team?
Visit our sponsorship page to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities. For any questions about sponsorships, please email our Director of Sponsorships at email@example.com.