PYSL Fall Schedule is Now Available! Note that games are subject to change so check back here foe the most up to date information.
PYSL recreational soccer is operated, managed and coached by volunteers from the community. The goal is to provide an engaging, fun and safe environment for players to develop their skills, understanding and love of the game.
When is the fall season?
The season runs during the months of August, September, October and November. Games are played on Saturdays and teams typically practice one/two weekdays each week depending on age group.
What divisions/age groups are available?
– Dolphin Pod: (born Sep. 2018 – Dec. 2019) play 3v3 with no keeper – size 3 ball
– Under 7: (born Aug. 2017 – Aug. 2018) play 3v3 with no keeper – size 3 ball
– Under 8: (born Aug. 2016 – July 2017) play 4v4 with no keeper – size 3 ball
– Under 9: (born Aug. 2015 – July 2016) play 6v6 – size 4 ball
– Under 11: (born Aug. 2013 – July 2015) play 7 v 7 – size 4 ball
Age groups below will play interleague and travel for away games (locations throughout San Diego County). Players registering will be put on a waiting list and will be charged once teams form with a minimum 15 players registered. There is no limit to the number of teams we can register in the recreational travel league.
– Under 13: (born Aug. 2011 – July 2013) play 9 v 9 – size 4 ball
– Under 15: (born Aug. 2009 – July 2011) play 11 v 11 – size 5 ball
– Under 17: (born Aug. 2007 – July 2009) play 11 v 11 – size 5 ball
– Under 19: (born Aug. 2005 – July 2007) play 11 v 11 – size 5 ball
Can my child play on a team with their friends?
We try to honor team/friend requests if possible but can’t guarantee any particular team placements.
What equipment do players need to participate?
Players need to have a ball, shin guards, cleats and a water bottle at all practices and games.
What do I need to do to volunteer to coach or manage my child’s team?
Our league depends on volunteers and we are especially grateful for all of the time, energy and commitment our volunteers give! Coaching requirements are set by our parent organization, SoCal. Coaches must complete our risk management protocol which includes fingerprinting, SafeSport training and concussion training. Please email email@example.com to volunteer or for any questions.
How can I sponsor my child’s team?
Visit our sponsorship page to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities. For any questions about sponsorships, please email our Director of Sponsorships at firstname.lastname@example.org.